Pages

October 22, 2010

Bloody Nails

I was going for a Halloween theme this month.  I wanted to do something bloody, but didn't want to freak out the people at work.  This didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.  It's pretty, but doesn't look all that bloody.

This is 3 coats China Glaze Lubu Heels as a base.  I did NOT realize how sheer that polish is.  I was quite disappointed actually.  You can see I had some cuticle drag issues.  Not the greatest, but oh well.  I used China Glaze Salsa on the tips and then painted over that with Nubar Fire Sparkle to keep with the glitter theme.

I was going to do a white base with the blood, but I thought it would be too stark.  Maybe next year...

8 comments:

Diava said...

very effective mani :D just came across your blog and am looking forward to reading it :D have just started my own blog recently and im looking forward to playing with some halloween manis soon :D my fave time of year for themed nails :D

Diava
x
http://diavaslacquerbox.blogspot.com/

Trista said...

Thank it looks good. Subtle not over the top.

Starving Nail Addict said...

I agree with Twister, it's a nice subtle look (as if bloody nails can be subtle, haha!). It's really Halloween appropriate. Me likey.

Ladyofthelaake said...

This is a great manicure indeed, I saw the idea a couple of days ago on false nails but yours are really more beautiful, the blood effect is smoother and beautifully done!

Midge said...

@diava - welcome to the blogging world! and welcome to my blog! glad you're enjoying yourself. :)

@twister - it is subtle, but pretty!

@starving - haha, yes, true, how subtle is blood anyway? glad you like it!

@lolaa - thank you! that's very sweet. :)

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I think it looks good. Not cheesy or in your face, but subtle and cool.

KIM STAM said...

I absolutely looove the Bloody Nails look!! I have tried it with matt black base and shiny red as blood.. gorgeous! I must try your way too!

K. x

Midge said...

@funnyface - thank you! I agree ;)

@kim - haha, yay! I think it would look awesome with a matte base!

Related Posts with Thumbnails