Pages

February 9, 2011

China Glaze Anchors Away Part 2

This is part 2 of 2 of the Spring 2011 China Glaze collection called Anchors Away.  Click here for part 1!  It's a total of 12 new shades and they are all amazing in their own way!  Today I'm going to show Sand & Sea.  These are the 6 lighter shades of the collection.

 This is the Sand & Sea set.  They look like nice muted dusty shades.  Lets check them out!

Below Deck, 2 coats.  This is the brightest shade of the bunch.  It's a dusty purple shade.  Maybe like an eggplant, lol.  Good coverage, nice opacity.  I like this color.  It does remind me of other shades I have, but it's not quite a dupe to anything.  It's similar to that popular Chanel color that was going around not too long ago too, lol.

Knotty, 3 coats.  This is a beige or nude color glass fleck.  It's really very pretty, but I wish it wasn't so sheer.  I would have liked it better if it was more opaque.  This did have good application though.  And of course, the sparkle and shine is very very pretty.  Not that you can really tell in my photo, lol.  I blame the snow!

Pelican Gray, 2 coats.  This is a light gray creme.  It's such a great color.  I love grays recently and this one is so pretty.  It's slightly blue toned, but definitely a gray.  Application was good, nice opacity.  It reminds me a bit of a castle or something.  I guess it's stone like.  So pretty.  Love it!

White Cap, 3 coats.  Sheer white glass fleck.  It's very pretty, but very similar to a lot of whites that came out this past winter.  It does remind me of snow.  It's frosty and cool.  Application was good, but definitely needs the 3 coats unless you're going to layer.  If you hate VNL, you must layer this.

Sunset Sail, 2 coats.  This is a nude peachy subtle shimmer.  It's so beautiful!  Application was great, good coverage and opacity.  I love the color and I love the slight shimmer.  It's NOT extremely apparent, so it's really just for the wearer.  I kind of like those kinds of polishes.  It looks pretty to everyone, but there's a special aspect that only I enjoy, lol.  Is that selfish?  HAHAH.

Sea Spray, 2 coats.  Light blue creme.  This is such a pretty color.  It's a bluish gray, but way more blue than the Pelican Gray up there.  This is definitely a blue.  It reminds me of the Eyeko Rain Polish, but I don't have that to compare.  Still, it reminds me of the sky on a rainy stormy day.  It's so calming, haha.

BTW, no top coat on any of these polishes.  They are super shiny on their own!  And with them being so easy to apply, you don't really need the top coat except for staying power.  I was VERY pleased with these polishes.  I'm not a fan of all the colors, like I mentioned, but application was perfection.  Even the sheer shades went on like a dream.

Note: All items featured in this post were purchased by me.

3 comments:

blog Usei Hoje said...

São todos muito lindos, um mais lindo que o outro!!!



bjus.
http://useihoje.blogspot.com

nail crazy said...

i'm still waiting for my seas spray to arrive :-)

Midge said...

@usei - thank you, they are beautiful!

@nail crazy - it's a gorgeous color, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails