Pages

March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  I am not really celebrating much this year as I'm leaving in the morning on vacation.  Just a few drinks, I'll be fine, right?  I'll find out in the morning, haha.

I read a few reviews of the little Essence polishes they brought to the US via Ulta.  None were good concerning quality.  I didn't have my hopes set high.  And I wasn't impressed either.  I used Essence Check me Out as a base.  This is 3 coats and some glops to fill in bald spots, lol.  I still had VNL so I used China Glaze Watermelon Rind to add a french tip.  Then to make it more festive, I added a 4 leaf clover on the ring finger with OPI Jade is the New Black.  Topped it all off with 2 coats of TC.

I will say, on a side note, I actually used Poshe for this mani.  I've read that a lot of people like it and some say it's just as good if not better than Seche Vite (my HG).  I'll be honest, I never tried Poshe before this mani.  However, I did this mani on Sunday.  By Monday, I had small chips in the corners of two nails which I was able to fill in with some extra Watermelon Rind without drawing too much attention to it.  I added a third coat of Poshe on after the touch-up.  By Tuesday night I had to fix two fairly large chips on two nails and a couple more small chips.  Touched up and added a forth coat of Poshe.  I thankfully made it through work today without chipping, just slight tip-wear.  However, at some point since I got home a few hours ago, I've chipped off a large chunk of the left thumb.  I can usually make a mani last a week with Seche, so I have to say I'm extremely disappointed.  And I am blaming Poshe although I've never used the Essence polish either.  I suppose it's possible that the Essence just didn't want to stay on.  I won't complete banish the Poshe just yet, but I'm putting Seche on my vacay mani so I don't have to worry!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails