Pages

November 6, 2010

Funky Frenchy

For this mani I wanted something simple, but still pretty.  For some reason I just love the french mani look.  But it's kinda boring unless it's a "funky french" which is just using a color instead of white.  Anyway, I liked how it turned out and I got lots of compliments!  This is actually a bit of an oldie... but I love it!

I started with 2 coats CND Putty which is pretty sheer beige.  It basically just evens out your nails so they look perfect.  Application on that was amazing, as usual.  I love CND polish.  Then I added 2 coats of OPI Yodel Me on My Cell for the tips.  I put a stripe with Stripe Rite White on the bottom edge of the teal to cover up my not-so-great edge, lol.  I also put some Stripe Rite Silver Glitter on that edge.  Then I added some stickers from Viva la Nails and topped it all with 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust, a very small holo glitter.

Pretty!  Now to me, this looks like straight up teal.  However, I had a few people ask if I had on "Eagles green."  I guess they're close, but not really the same to me.  Not to mention I could really care less about sporting football colors on my nails.  I happened to wear this mani on the weekend, so I guess that's why people assumed.  Oh well, lol.

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aww! So cute and creative!! Love the flowers :D

Michelle L. said...

oh, I like this! Never wanted to try a french manicure before, but I'd love to try something like this. :)

Trista said...

very pretty and elegant

Leslie said...

such an adorable mani :]

Alexa1202 said...

This is lovely! :)

The Preppy Student said...

this blue tips was a fantastic idea!

Midge said...

@steph - thank you! hehe

@michelle - you should definitely give it a try!

@twister - I agree, thanks!

@leslie - awww, thanks ;)

@alexa - thank you!!

@toes - thank you! I loved it!

Akuma Kanji said...

Simple and cute! Gotta love all the glitter! :)

Anonymous said...

chic!

Jana said...

Ohhhh I LOVE this! I need to save this and try it soon, just gorgeous!

said...

like it!
me too, I like french mani looks..ON OTHERS! ;(
every time I try to wear a french, i give up shortly :( I don't know why
I'll try to "copy your look" if you don't minde, hoping this time will turn better ;P

Midge said...

@akuma - LOVE glitter! hehe

@lisa - thanks!

@jana - definitely give it a try!

@vi - thank you! I love the french look and SO easy! you can copy the look, I don't mind, hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! :)

-Mia
http://miafied.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails