Pages

May 15, 2010

First Flakies

I have not been lucky enough to get my hands on any of the Nfu-Oh flakie polishes.  Soooo... Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure is my first!  I had seen other photos of it, but man does it look even more awesome in person!

This is 2 coats Milani Fresh Teal (neon) with 1 coat Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure.  Topped with 2 coats Seche Vite.  First off, I love the opacity of the Milani.  It was a bit too streaky to get away with 1 coat, but 2 coats are perfection.  Application was a bit gloppy.  I think because the brush is very thin and it doesn't spread across my nail as easily.  But Seche evens all that out, so who cares.  The Hidden Treasure is just to die for!  How awesome are those flakies?  There is green, orange, pink, yellow, gold... so many colors going on.  I love it!  I see why you are all so nuts over the Nfu-Oh's flakies now.  I will have to get some.

For anyone who follows me on twitter... this is the mani a girl stopped me to talk about.  She stopped me on my way into a shop and asked what I was wearing like I was a celebrity!  Haha.  So I told her all about my mani and then she asked about my mascara and we were talking nails and makeup for a good 15-20 minutes.  Too funny.

9 comments:

Susie said...

Really nice. I haven't seen too many mani's with the SH HT that I have liked. Most look like rust on the top. LOL. I did ended up buying but not sure why.
THIS really looks great. THE SH HT on top is great.
I'm going to share your blog so you can get some more followers. :)
Susie

nmyoo said...

i bought hidden treasure immediately after reading about it on a blog! i have been too afraid to waste it though...but it looks lovely on the blue!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful nail polish, the Hidden Treasure. Totally makes almost every colour even more pretty!!

Stopdidine said...

Very nice !!
stopdidine
http://nailartbeauty.over-blog.com

Midge said...

@susie - thank you! yes, it can sometimes look like rust because you're getting the flashes of orange. but trust me, it doesn't look rusty in real life. it changes color constantly. you should at least try it once for yourself.

@tanya - lol, girl, I hear you! I was cautious when using it too. I bought two bottles tho, hehe.

@joan - I agree! it is wonderful. I never understood the hype of the flakies until I got this

@stopdidine - thank you!! :)

Susie said...

I have got it. I bought it because of all the hype. :) I've used it once and it looked pretty good. I guess it matters what you put it over. :) I really like seeing it on blues.
Susie

Unknown said...

i loove flakies :)

KarenD said...

This looks really good. I might have to give Fresh Teal a second look.

Midge said...

@susie - yeah, it is really cool over blue and greens too!

@lily - yay flakies!!

@karen - you should! it's awesomely opaque. i thought it was in a colored glass bottle, but it's actually just crazy opaque

Related Posts with Thumbnails